Thursday, August 2, 2012

Hay in the Ball

I wanted my Piggies to have a new toy to play with :D  While shopping for their supplies, I had seen this Ball :) where I could put their Hay inside.  I thought this would be a very perfect toy for them, since they love munching on hay so much, and at the same time, enjoy themselves if they find the Ball amusing ;)

I only bought one for a try.  I intended to give the Ball first to Kadbury & Krunch, since among my guinea pigs, it is them who never stop eating hay day and night (unless they are sleeping lol :D ).  But when I had given it to them, surprisingly, they didn't seem interested.  I was sure they saw the hay inside, but because they have lots of hay supply (all the time!), they probably just snubbed the toy.  MM only had some pieces of hay.

I then gave it to Milky Way, since I had thought she's the one who needed toys the most.  And the moment she saw that the Ball could roll, she started popcorning and running in and out of her room so happily! :)  She stayed with it for hours.

I observed that Milky Way had been calling the attention of Krunch & Kadbury.  The way she ate the hay, she looked like she's showing off the new toy Ball to them.  And what a cute sight it was when Kadbury & Krunch came over and started eating the hay along with Milky Way!  Milky Way got pretty excited :D

"Come on!  This is fun and delicious!  Let's try this!" - Milky Way
Milky Way left first.  But when she had noticed that Kadbury & Krunch were already much into it- that they were not going to stop until all the hay in the Ball is gone, she went back and rolled the Ball away from Kadbury & Krunch, to her right!

The fun part was that it was Milky Way's idea herself to encourage Kadbury & Krunch to try the Ball, but now that Kadbury & Krunch have realized the fun way of eating the hay, she decided to move the Ball away from them! :D

Since then, Milky Way has allowed Kadbury & Krunch to play with the Ball, but sooner or later, she goes back to the ball and rolls the Ball over away from them :p


When a guinea pig doesn't want to try a new vegetable, a fruit, or a new brand of pellets, I reckon showing them that your other guinea pigs eat it would entice them.


Looks like I'm gonna need more Balls! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment