Saturday, March 15, 2014

Water Time ---> Play Time

Now my guinea pigs' water bottles don't have a sole purpose for drinking water anymore...

They have become their new "Toy" ! :D

Before, their water bottles were just fixed against their cages.  You have the option to either hang the water bottle or fix it with the string that comes along with it.  I was cleaning their rooms one time, and I had this idea that I could actually hang their water bottles from their cages instead.

I first tried it with Kadbury and Milky Way.  Guinea pigs have keen eyes.  I knew that they had instantly found out the difference as they both started drinking, and drinking, and drinking, and drinking.  It took minutes for them to drink.  I guess until they felt full.  Days after, I made MM's like that, and from filling her water bottle once a day, it has become twice.

They like it more that their water bottle is hung! :)  There were days with hot weather that I got worried from them not drinking enough.  It seems that this would never be a problem again, as the water bottles hanging have actually reminded them to always drink water.




More than this, it's extra that their water bottles serve as toys for them!  I think the moving and swaying of the water bottle have fashioned them as such.  I could see it with their reaction while drinking, which I did not see in them when it was still fixed!  Their tantalizing eyes say that they are having fun while drinking!  They popcorn at times!  They drink more now not because they always feel thirsty, but I'm sure they have turned water time into play time! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment